In the wake of a global pandemic, our collective consciousness has taken a beating. It is true that during the lockdown there has been a spiritual awakening like no other. However, if you’ve not had your awakening you might be wondering what all the noise is about, or if you have you might be thinking so what’s next? What can I do to get closer to source, to increase my knowledge of the spirit world and connect deeply with my soul purpose.
Well, there are many things you can do, read, watch YouTube and Tiktok videos, meditate, to name but a few, but with a pandemic (hopefully) in the rearview mirror I can imagine you’ve spent much of your time already doing those things. You want to get out, you need to get out, you need connection, you need a spiritual retreat.
Here are 7 reasons why you need a spiritual retreat
- Connection – As human beings connection is one of our fundamental, primary drives. We crave it, we need it, without it we become lost, dangerous even. A study in 1958 by psychologist Harry Harlow found that when baby monkeys were removed from their mothers and give to surrogate mothers they had very drastic results. The less the surrogate mother looked like a real monkey the more severe the behavioural issues of the baby when they tried to re-integrate them with society. They found that the connection between a baby and it mother was paramount to the successful development of a well rounded and happy monkey. In human studies, it was found that having close skin to skin contact with your baby when you nurse them, strengthens the bond between infant and parent. This is the power of connection, from birth we need it, and in these current times, we are starved of it more than ever. Yes, we’ve learnt new tools like Zoom and Instagram, but nothing beats the real thing, a hug, a handshake, it all improves out general well being. As humans, we are social creatures and we need the connection to be happy.
- Develop your spirituality – In recent years people have started to turn their back on organised religions, not because of a lack of faith in a greater source, but more out of a lack of respect for the systems put in place all those years ago, the hypocrisy and the paradoxical actions of many of the larger organisations in recent years. This has lead to a big rise in the number of people wanting more from spirituality, and that has lead to a need for development. For answers, and for guidance. A spiritual retreat works wonders for your development as you can spend time with those who have walked the path a little longer and can impart their knowledge and experience with you. Spirituality is a wonderful mindset as much of it is very personal to you, your experiences, your choices, your life path is all about you and a spiritual retreat can be exactly what you want it to be, or not be.
- You’re in a safe space with like-minded souls – When you come to a spiritual retreat you can relax and be sure you’ll be with like-minded souls. People who think as you do, who are going to accept you for who you are, and what you believe. There is great comfort in knowing that you’re able to speak your mind and ask any questions you like about anything and not feel judged. A spiritual retreat can give you that safe space to be totally yourself, to share your thoughts and opinions, and experiences, especially those that most people who are not spiritual might find hard to deal with.
- It’s time for you to recharge – The pandemic has been a negative experience in so many ways, it has totally drained many of us of our energy, our sanity, our hope and our love. The detrimental impact of the past year on our children and our societies will not be fully understood until years to come. But what we do know right now, is that we all need to refill our cups, for they are dry and in desperate need of an energetic exchange to bring your life back into balance and allow you to move forward with a positive mindset.
- You get time to yourself to relax – If you don’t want to have to think, plan and arrange anything then a spiritual retreat offers you the chance to go with the flow. To follow the program, to dip in and out of the activities and take part in as much or as little as you like and find your personal time to relax, release and reset. You don’t need to do any research of the area, you don’t need to book any fancy restaurants, you can just let yourself be swept up in the magic of the retreat and emerge the other side totally zen, without expending any excess energy or stress planning every tiny detail.
- You get to explore who you are, find yourself and become the best version of yourself – No matter the itinerary of the retreat, the teachers, sponsors and healers, you will no doubt have the chance to really find yourself. To spend time digging deep into your past, to shed past Trauma. To forgive yourself for all your past mistakes and transgressions. We are only human, we all make mistakes, but only by forgiving ourselves, and those around us, can we move forward. Learning how to not sit in judgement of others or yourself, to shed the ego, and truly look into your own soul and find your soul purpose, is a magical and life-changing breakthrough, that is only possible when you take yourself out of your everyday and into an environment designed to cultivate that experience.
- There are many long-term benefits once it’s over – Unlike a regular vacation which can help you relax, but only really offers a short term release, spiritual retreats offer long term benefits, ones that can stay with you for the rest of your life, as this study found when they looked at the long term effects of meditation in a retreat setting verses at a vacation setting. More than this the focus retreats put on specific healing or development mean that although you’re there to relax, you’re also there to really evolve into the next version of yourself, depending on the focus of the retreat. You could be wanting to reduce anxiety, stress, anger or even changing your mindset to be more positive, whatever the focus you will walk away with additional benefits, heightened by the environment in which you experienced your life-changing events.
So there you have it just 7 reasons why you need a spiritual retreat, if you are looking for a way to really find yourself, to release past trauma and negativity and bring abundance into your life you should consider a spiritual retreat. In fact, we have a few planned so why not have a look at the details and talk to us about how we can help you find the best version of yourself.
Ibiza is well known for it’s hedonistic lifestyle, super clubs, parties, and the sun, sea and sex. But there is much much more to this